Roasted Hazelnut Bars with Chocolate are Dairy Free, Gluten Free, sugar Free, Vegan, Paleo. They are super crunchy, extremely delicious and very nutritious.
Recipe by Ola Mazurkiewicz Dip NT, mNTOI
•200gr Hazelnuts, raw
•3 heaped Tbs Raw Coconut Oil,
•2/3 cup Date, pitted
•pinch of Cinnamon
•pinch of Himalayan Salt
•3 heaped Tbs Raw Coconut Oil
•2 heaped Tbs Coconut Cream
•3 heaped Tbs Raw Cacao Powder
•Date syrup or other sweetener
•Vanilla Extract, natural
•pinch of Himalayan salt
- Soak your dates for a few hours in a filtered water. Leave a handful dried.
2. Pre heat the oven to 165C and place hazelnuts in for approx 15min.
3. Place the hazelnuts and unsealed dates with a tablespoon of coconut oil in a food processor and blend to the finally chopped consistency.
4. Drain the reming dates and place in a blending container together with the remaining coconut oil, cinnamon and pinch of salt. Blend until smooth.
5. In a bowl combine crushed hazelnuts and dates with date-coconut mixture using a spoon.
6. When well combined spoon it out to a container or small baking tin and flatten it up. Place in a freezer for 15 min.
Meanwhile prepare your chocolate
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pot on a medium heat.
2. Lower the heat to minimum and add cacao, vanilla, salt and sweetener stirring vigorously, when well combined add coconut cream and stir well anti smooth consistency. Take of the heat and cool down.
3. When the chocolate is cooled take the hazelnut crust from the freezer and soon out a tin layer of chocolate over it. Place in a fridge to set.