by Ola Mazurkiewicz Dip NT, mNTOI
Pattypan Squash Fried in Egg is dairy, gluten free delicious and very easy recipe, that you can prepare for lunch or dinner! Patty Pan Squash is very nutritious, an excellent source of manganese and vitamin C and a very good source of magnesium, vitamin A, fiber, potassium, folate, copper, riboflavin and phosphorus.
- 1 large Pattypan Squash
- 2 free range Eggs
- 4-6 heaped Tbsps Gluten Free Flour
- Olive Oil or Butter* for frying (I used combination of both)
- Pinch of Sea Salt and Black Pepper
*for a dairy free option use olive oil
- Wash your pattypan and slice into 1cm (0,5inch) whole length slices.
- Prepare 2 large plates: on one place your raw eggs, mash it, using a fork, with salt and pepper until the yolks are combined with the whites; on the second plate place your flour.
- Preheat large frying pan with your oil/butter.
- Dip the pattypan slices, on both sided, first in egg mix, then in flower. Make sure the whole slice is covered evenly. After that, place it on the hot pan. Repeat with all slices.
- If you have some remaining egg left, add a little bit of flour to it, combine with a fork and pour the mixture over pattypan slices, turn the slices after to fry the egg on it.
- Fry for approx 5 min on both sides, until soft. You may want to cover your pan with a lid to speed up this process.