Delicious lamb burgers which are gluten free and wheat free are a perfect dinner idea. For additional nutritional benefits those are served on avocado slices instead of a bun and accompanied with goats feta and red onion. Suitable for Paleo and Keto diet.
- 1 small onion (or 1/2 large), finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1lb / 500 g ground lean lamb (you can also use lean beef)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp + 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- few slices feta cheese
- red onion
- Start with the burgers. Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Sauté onion and garlic on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer onion and garlic to a large mixing bowl. Add ground lamb, parsley, mint, cumin, mustard and egg. Using your hands combine the ingredients and form 6 2.5/3-inch (about 7 cm) patties.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil on high heat in the same skillet. Brown burgers, about 1 minute on each side then reduce to medium-low and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. You want to cook them gently, so they are browned on the outside and cooked all the way through inside. Transfer cooked patties on a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Place feta slices on the top of each burger and place in a oven on the grill function, beside it place slices of red onion. When all get nicely browned take it out.
- Slice avocado and place on the plate, put the burgers with grilled feta on the top and top up with grilled onion. If you like you can add dressing like mayo or ketchup.
- Serve with a green salad.
Recipe by Ola Mazurkiewicz NT mNTOI
Ola’s Speciality and clinic