Crunchy Green Salad with Creamy Dressing is a delicious side dish, which will go well with meat, poultry or fish. It is also delicious on its own. This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, paleo, ketogenic and raw.
by Ola Mazurkiewicz Dip NT, mNTOI
- 200g Green Salad Leaves (spinach, arugula, watercress, mustard greens, pak choi, etc)
- 1 Carrot
- handful Sauerkraut, drained
- pinch Himalayan Saly
- pinch Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Chilly flakes
- squeeze of Lemon
- 80ml Camelina Oil, cold pressed (or Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2 Tbsp Mayo*
*I made my own Mayo, recipe here
- Wash and dry your leaves, roughly chop it. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Using the vegetable peeler, peel the carrot skin and then continue peeling into a carrot shaves you will add to the salad. Alternatively, use the mandoline to get a tin carrot shaves. Place the carrot shaves together with the leaves.
- Chop your sauerkraut and also place in the bowl.
- Make the dressing using the camelina oil, mayo, lemon and spices by stirring vigorously until well combined.
- Gently combine the dressing with the salad.